انجمن ویکی قلم‌های فارسی
ورود / عضویت

Why some persian tests appear with capital letters ?

بحث‌های کلی درمورد سیستم عامل مکینتاش (OS X)

پستتوسط Kouros » 04 سپتامبر 2005, 16:23

Hello, I am really new to this forum. I have a problem that some persian texts only appear in capital letters abd are thus unreadable. e.g. the letters of the title 'Hoghoughe bashar' in 'news.gooya.com won't appear 'sare ham' but only with as uppercase letters. Any ideahow to solve this?
I am using Mac OS X 10.4.2 and Safari 2.0.1. Thanks a lot.
Kouros.'
Kouros

پستتوسط مهمان » 04 سپتامبر 2005, 21:22

[ltr]

Reomve the follwing fonts from your Library/Fonts folders and trash and delet them:

Arial
Time
Time New Roman

[/ltr]
مهمان

پستتوسط مهمان » 04 سپتامبر 2005, 21:30

Times is harmless. You can keep it. Times New Roman and Arial are the problem.
مهمان

پستتوسط مهمان » 05 سپتامبر 2005, 02:39

You guys are great! It works! It has been at least a month I was getting mad with this. Thanx a lot and all my respect!
Kouros
مهمان

پستتوسط مهمان » 05 سپتامبر 2005, 02:43

I forgot to ask you this. Is your hint documented somewhere, or how did you find it out? I couldn't find anything on the web after several trials.... Thanks again.
Kouros
مهمان

پستتوسط Behnam » 05 سپتامبر 2005, 03:22

This is a known issue and every Mac user of Arabic script (Farsi, Arabic, Urdu etc.) encounter this problem. I'm not sure if it's documented properly because it is not a stand alone issue. It's an unfortunate byproduct of differences between Apple font technology and MS font technology.
But it is widely discussed in forums of users of this script. Here in IRMUG it was discussed repeatedly. I found two previous discussion on this subject in IRMUG:
http://irmug.com/portal/index.php?name= ... opic&t=155

http://irmug.com/portal/index.php?name= ... topic&t=64

BTW if you click on British flag on the top of the site, you go to MEMUG, our English site. It's better to post in English over there because the knowledge can be shared with other Mac users of Arabic script.

... and welcome to our community!
نماد کاربر
Behnam

پست‌ها : 3534
تاریخ عضویت: 27 مه 2004, 04:44
محل سکونت: کانادا

پستتوسط armeen » 07 سپتامبر 2005, 03:42

Kouros... now that you have removed those fonts could you please try and launch yahoo messenger. since i have removed those fonts my yahoo messenger doesn't work any more! i suspect one of those three files is the main font in yahoo and during start up of yahoo messenger if not found, results in yahoo messenger not running! but i could be wrong.

thanks.
نماد کاربر
armeen

پست‌ها : 101
تاریخ عضویت: 04 ژانویه 2005, 06:04

پستتوسط Parham » 07 سپتامبر 2005, 15:08

I have removed those fonts (twice on two different Macs already) and Yahoo Messenger hasn't had a problem. I would try re-installing Messenger.
Regards.
نماد کاربر
Parham

پست‌ها : 841
تاریخ عضویت: 18 اکتبر 2004, 15:02
محل سکونت: ژنو، سویس

پستتوسط armeen » 07 سپتامبر 2005, 18:51

thanks for your reply parham... i have already tried re-installing it and i had no luck!

cheers
نماد کاربر
armeen

پست‌ها : 101
تاریخ عضویت: 04 ژانویه 2005, 06:04

بازگشت به سیستم عامل مک

کاربران حاضر در این انجمن: بدون کاربران آنلاین و 14 مهمان