انجمن ویکی قلم‌های فارسی
ورود / عضویت

اشكالات سيستم ۱۰...Bugs in Mac OS X

بحث‌های کلی درمورد سیستم عامل مکینتاش (OS X)

اشكالات سيستم ۱۰...Bugs in Mac OS X

پستتوسط Ali.Samadi » 27 مه 2004, 12:26

To collect the Bugs and to report them to Apple is a very good idea. Maybe here we can talk about all of them and either find a workaround or to report them to Apple

ما می‌خواهیم در این قسمت اشكالات سیستم ۱۰ را جمع آوری كرده و یا برای آنها راه حلى یافته و یا آنها را با اپل در میان بگذاریم.
Ali.Samadi

پست‌ها : 725
تاریخ عضویت: 26 مه 2004, 16:22

This is a copy from the old Forum:::::Bug report

پستتوسط Ali.Samadi » 27 مه 2004, 16:04

This is a copy from the old Forum:::::Bug report

Ahmad talked about two bugs:

1- If the Persian/Arabic text contain a roman word or digit when the text is copied to TextEdit or Mellel the text become rearranged and words become displaced which make it impossible to read.

--to be abele to use the Apps you should install "Download DirectionService" which you can get on "Downloadsite". It Helps until hopfully Apple will solve the problem directly.

2- When Arabic/Persian text with the vowels (Kassra, Fatha, Dhama etc.) is published on the net, Safari displays them as a isolate characters. In the other Safari make the word with vowels to lose their contextuality. For example have a look at http://depts.washington.edu/yekruz/y1.htm.

-- For that problem i dont have any idea but maybe it is the same Bug wich Behnam talked about it before?
Ali.Samadi

پستتوسط Ali.Samadi » 27 مه 2004, 16:12

This is a copy of the Old Forum::::Bug Report:

Behnam
Re: Re: Bug report

I didn't experiance such problem at http://depts.washington.edu/yekruz/y1.htm the words are largly spaced but the vowels are placed relatively correctly on the page. If your vowels are spaced, it must be a font problem which makes it even more strange because Geeza Pro doesn't have such problem. I thought we couldn't change the default font of browser on Panther.
When I was working with fonts, I saw a lot of spaced vowels on many fonts. I corrected them on X Series of course but there are a lot of faulty fonts out there.
Try this: remove all the Farsi fonts you installed on your computer (in X and 9) and don't install anything, or install only the X Series (of course don't touch Panther's fonts), then go back to that page to see if you have the same problem. If the problem is solved, your initial fonts are definively the problem.
Another problem in displaying Farsi on web pages which is not a font problem, is the punctuation marks.
I opended download page of MacFarsi (that's what I called your site!) on both Safari and Mozilla side by side and noticed that "period" at the end of each paragraph in Safari is placed at the beginning of the line. If this problem that is solved in Mozilla can be solved in Safari, many other problems with Panther should be solved at the same time.
This problem is not only with period. It is also with "virgule" - "space" - and the worst of all "zero space".
Zero space is not used in Apple Persian standard keyboard but it is a standard character for Farsi writing (for spacing present tense verbs and plurals) and it is present in Persian ISIRI keyboard layout (shift + space)
What it does in Panther is not only jumping on the right side, but staying there (the others jump back to the left when followed by another character) but this one stays there and the rest of the text follows from there... until next zero space which jumps again to the far right and again the rest of the text continues from there.
If you see completly mangled and decapitated Farsi texts on the web, it's because of this zero space which is widely used in PCs.
Its Unicode name is "Zero Wide No Joiner" or ZWNJ and its code is U+200C
If we find a solution for "period" location at the end of a paragraph as I mentioned above, we are much more closer to solve devastating problem with ZWNJ.

Ali Samadi
Feb 20th, 2004 - 2:25 AM
Re: if you use Farsi in the Systemprefernces/ International Panel

there is a Bug in mac os x 10.3.2: If Farsi is on the first place in the Systemprefernces/ International Panel the system can not Mount any driver or .dmg file. to solve that problem, activate also Arabic, put Arabic on the top of your list, put Farsi in the second place.

Ali Samadi
Feb 20th, 2004 - 4:11 AM
Re: Bug report

The last Bug i know is that the Farsi numbers dosnt work in the Apps as Numbers. For example, if im writing Farsi in Textedit and i want to change the Font size, i cant type with Farsi numbers the size but i have to change first to english or german, type the fonts size and change again to Farsi.

Behnam
Feb 20th, 2004 - 10:58 PM

I just started reporting the bugs after I finished my fonts. As a matter of fact, a good part of today (yerterday) I was exchanging email with Apple people. I think they understood the problem. At the same time I went through several Farsi websites and discovered quite a few bugs - probably unrelated to this issue - and reported them and she confirmed most of them and passed on the bug report. They don't seem to be indifferent to the problems.
By the way, if you encounter a web page where the text is completly mangled and decapitated as I described earlier about ZWNJ, give me the URL to pass on to them because today (yerterday) I couldn't find any.
How about you? Did you solve your vowels problem?

Behnam
Feb 28th, 2004 - 11:16 AM

This is not a bug per se. Actually the problem I had with Mellel was that it doesn't change automatically to English numbers when I want to enter a font value.
If we want that Farsi numbers act the same as English numbers (for Mellel or calculator etc.) we have to ask all application developers, Apple, Redlex, etc. to include Farsi numbers in their applications to recognize them the same way they recognize English numbers. I'm not sure if this is possible.
Behnam

Ali Samadi
Feb 21st, 2004 - 12:45 AM

Do you mean a site like

http://www.farsilinux.org/

by the way, the same problem is also in the KDE Brwoser "Konqueror" which is the origin of safari.
With my projects it not really easy to handel the bugs in the system. I made this Dictionary which you can not use with Latin languages (becouse of the Bug in the Right to left texts mixed with Latin Languages, so you should have Farsi as the first Language, but then you have the other Bug that you can not Mount Divers or .dmg files. But i found a workaround.

Behnam
Feb 21st, 2004 - 8:21 AM

Thank you Ali, that was perfect. That site not only demonstrats the bug with Roman - Persian mix, but it also had the ZWNJ bug. I also noticed that even Mozilla didn't handle the hyphens well.
I sent the URL and snapshot to Apple. That was great.

Ali Samadi
Feb 21st, 2004 - 8:46 AM

But Opera can handel the site! Isnt it interesting?
greetings ali
Ali.Samadi

بازگشت به سیستم عامل مک

کاربران حاضر در این انجمن: بدون کاربران آنلاین و 18 مهمان